Layers of Meaning: colors and Design in Guatemalan Textiles
This colorful convention inside Large Gallery of this brand-new museum features standard Guatemalan textiles, donated toward Avenir Museum by two longtime followers: brand new Mexico-based textile and people art enthusiast and author, Martha Egan, and Mary Littrell, textile enthusiast and former mind for the Department of Design and Merchandising.
Place and Hours
The Avenir Museum of Design and Merchandising is our leading area, featuring exhibitions from our considerable number of textile and historical costume artifacts.
- Location: 216 E. Lake Street, University Center the Arts-East building - Campus Map
- Hours: Monday through Friday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Admission: Complimentary; self led
- Closed for University Vacations, Fall, Winter and Spring Breaks
- Contact: (970) 491-1983
- Parking: there is absolutely no committed visitor parking for the Avenir Museum. On-street parking is situated in the neighborhoods surrounding the University Center the Arts therefore the Avenir Museum.