This course happens at Bath College, at the heart of Bath - this is when you are based. It gives a vibrant and demanding introduction toward rules of Fashion and Textiles aided by the focus on innovation, abilities and imagination.
Year 2 provides an opportunity to develop on textile and style design skills, including a-work placement and tasks set with the industry. The last task provides possibility to specialise in a choice of Textiles with Fashion or Fashion with Textiles.
12 Months 1
In 2010 provides an introduction to technical processes popular and Textiles.
- Design Skills for Textiles and Fashion
- Introduction to Basic Textile Techniques in Knitting, Printing, Embroidery and Felting
- Drawing and Aesthetic Analysis
- Introduction to Flat Pattern Cutting
- Sewing and Construction Techniques
- Introduction to face Modelling
- Fashion Example and Presentation
- Life Attracting
- Historic and Cultural knowledge of Fashion and Textiles
- Research Visits
- Visiting Lecture Series
The focus in second year would be to build on creativity and reliability.
- Digital Technology utilized in Fashion and Textiles
- Design for Textiles and Fashion
- Textile Practices
- Example and Flats for Fashion
- Advanced Creating and Construction Techniques
- Pattern Cutting
- Introduction to Computer Aided Manufacture in Textiles and Fashion
- Research Visits in the UK and offshore
- Historical and Crucial Researches
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Work Placement and Industry-led Project
- Work Journal and Business Studies Report
- Event and/or Fashion Show
After effective completion of the program, you could wish to apply to advance towards third year of a connected honours degree training course. In the event of insufficient places being open to accommodate all Foundation Degree pupils who want to progress, there will be a range process centered on achievement during the Foundation Degree, supplemented by audition and interview as appropriate, and will be susceptible to satisfactory academic sources.
Coursework, profile and exhibition.
Professional equipment includes:
- A unique professional multi-needle embroidery device
- Irish embroidery device
- Cornelly embroidery device
- Passap and Dubied knitting devices
The course aims to teach pupils mainly through experience of training in creating and making, providing an useful skills base.
- Seeing lecture programme: from practising developers, designer producers and other related opportunities
- Workshops: including creating, design cutting, building, textile methods and processes
- Seminars: discussion teams to debate dilemmas of interest also to make sure that you are informed about previous practise, existing practise and future some ideas
- Tutorials: regular personal tutorials
- Work Reviews
- Visits/links using business: organised visits to events, business, shows and museums both nationwide and internationally
- Work placement and exchanges might made nationwide and globally
- Business led task
To learn more please contact Course commander Fhiona McKie on email@example.com
180-220 UCAS Tariff points (eg BB; CDD), with minimum 80 points from Art or Design, Textiles or related subject.
otherwise Art Foundation Course.
All individuals will likely to be interviewed.
- Junior manufacturers
- Self employment
- Junior purchasers
- Visual merchandising
- Item development
- Design and wardrobe